St. Augustine’s Priory is an independent day school for girls, based in Hanger Lane, Ealing. They established at the site in 1914-15.
After constructive public engagement and several years of pre-application discussions with both Ealing Council and the Greater London Authority, planning permission was granted for a for a three-storey infill extension providing new classrooms, learning resource centre and circulation space, a part one part two storey sports hall extension and landscaping improvements throughout.
The site comprises a locally listed building, and is designated as Site of Importance for Nature Conservation (SINC), and Metropolitan Open Land (MOL). NT+A had to demonstrate very special circumstances to justify the development over restrictive MOL development policies.
Ealing Council recommended an approval in August 2020, and after a Stage 2 referral process, the Mayor of London authorised planning permission to be issued in February 2021. Works are due to commence on site imminently.